Monday, April 15, 2013

ISP

So last Thursday I met with Jason and we talked about my ISP. I showed him some of my writing and he was super supportive. We had a great meeting. I was able to talk to him about my ideas and concerns, which I think really helped me come up with more concrete ideas. Also, I have to start recording my process. I think this would be the most challenging part of my ISP because I never record anything. I don't even take pictures of my finished products let alone the actual process, but ever since the second day of ISP where we were asked to do a "show and tell" of our previous work I've been dealing with the personal aftermath of not having all of my work to show. That's when this idea originated from, the need to have something tangible that shows my artistic process as an artist and a writer.

Tomorrow, I am going to the office to go get a video camera and then Susannah is taking us to another Hull-House soup event and afterwards we're going to her studio to make art. I need to talk to Rachel about video editing and also just talk to her in general because I've been so busy that I haven't hung out with her for over a month.

I asked Jason for deadlines because I need to meet my goals in order to keep the momentum of this project. By this Thursday I will have four more written pieces and two visuals. I am hoping that the first video will be completed. I need to go get a disposable camera.

When Jason and I talked about different ways to record my information/ideas/process, we counted all of my social media profiles and decided that this would be a great choice. 

Ro 

No comments:

Post a Comment